Goldsmiths' Fair September 2014
Goldsmiths’ Fair: 22 Sept - 5 Oct
The UK’s most exciting showcase of fine jewellery and contemporary silver is back with a fresh look, a raft of new exhibitors and a star-studded events programme. Staged in London’s iconic Goldsmiths’ Hall, the Fair is the perfect place to see the latest masterpieces in gold and silver created by the UK’s leading artist-designers. Ideally timed for early Christmas shopping, Goldsmiths’ Fair is the antidote to high-street humdrum, giving you the chance to buy exquisite future heirlooms direct from makers.
Online tickets available now »
Check out the Fair’s new website. http://www.goldsmithsfair.co.uk
the new Goldsmiths' Fair website
The new Goldsmiths’ Fair website is constantly updated with fascinating news and features including
- A focus on the bold Italian jeweller, Mara Irsara, a newcomer to the Fair and creator of the playfully sophisticated Arrogant Ring!
- Mirri Damer's hunt for Sri Lanka’s most Romantic sapphires.
- Sarah Parker Eaton’s extraordinary marine-inspired wedding ring commission
- A visit to the studio of Jack Row, the extraordinary young talent behind the most exquisite and intricate pens, cufflinks and jewellery.
Get Exploring! »
Zaha Hadid Selects
Zaha Hadid's Favourites at Goldsmiths' Fair
For the first time ever, Goldsmiths’ Fair invited an iconic figure from the design world to make a selection of highlights from the work of 170 exhibitors. Zaha Hadid is responsible for ground-breaking architectural projects including London’s Olympic Aquatics Centre. Based in Clerkenwell, Zaha Hadid Design now also creates signature furniture, lighting and jewellery. Drawing on her cutting-edge design aesthetic, Zaha has chosen pieces which celebrate the extraordinary diversity, skill and creativity of jewellers and silversmiths working in Britain today.
See her selection here first »
Thirty Special Events
30 Special Events
Be inspired and learn more about fine jewellery and contemporary silver design, craftsmanship, heritage, collecting and commissioning, before hitting the Fair.This year, Goldsmiths’ Fair will present 30 special events involving leading figures in jewellery, silver and design. Each day of the Fair will begin with a fascinating Breakfast Talk (£20 incl. continental breakfast and 1 week Fair entry). Highlights include:
- Antiques Roadshow specialist Joanna Hardy’s (pictured) guide to jewellery from the 1960s to the present day.
- Gallerist Louisa Guinness’s insights on jewellery designed by artists from Picasso to Anish Kapoor.
- British Silver Week Chairman, Gordon Hamme’s insider’s guide to collecting and commissioning contemporary silver.
Full line-up & Tickets »
Every afternoon will feature a drop-in session chaired by a leading craft and design expert in conversation with one or more distinguished exhibitors. These events are free to attend with your admission ticket. Featured exhibitors will discuss their inspiration, design process, materials and the wearing of jewellery.
Full, up-to-date line-up »
Restaurant & champagne bar
Goldsmiths’ Fair offers a luxurious shopping experience complete with a restaurant and champagne bar, ideal for celebrating those exciting purchases.
Work in an EC postcode?
Special offer for those who work in one of London's EC postcodes. Bring your business card and sign up for our mailing list for 2-for-1 entry.
More info here »
Plan your visit now and please spread the word!
Twitter | Facebook